Monday, May 20, 2013

Wow it's hard to believe that another school-year is coming to a close. For Lane, he has but one more year before he takes off for some school out east.

There was a time when everything was about "Firsts". the first time Lane had chocolate, the first time he road a bike, but lately it's been hard not to slip into the recognition that this might be the last time we do _______ together. There is something rather sad about the "Rear-view-mirror" approach to life; even though I overwhelmingly feel good about the decisions Ilene and I have made and am very proud of Lane. I can at least walk around with the knowledge that I spent as much time with Lane as it was possible to spend. I missed nothing and I have the video and pictures to prove it.

But it is still a time for "Firsts;" like Lane's first prom which was last weekend.


 Malory also had her Prom on the same night, only in her case it was her Senior Prom.



The Kirsch family had another big event this month, Teddy graduated form the University of Michigan.


No comments: