Monday, October 7, 2013

Senior Year

Since the Big Bang, Time has has been progressing in a forward direction because the universe is expanding. I understand that as a law of physics, and grasp its meaning in the context of my own life. I suffer no illusions that I will escape the inevitable impacts of aging nor will any of the people whom I love. So why, despite 17 years of planning, am I still having a difficult time coming to terms with the notion that Lane's Senior year marks an unavoidable countdown towards that moment when he heads off to college?
Mind you it's not that I have not tried to delay the coming day, I can promise you his college councilor was caught slightly of guard by my inquiry concerning availabile spaces for the incoming Freshman class at Latin.
Don Jon

No comments: