Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another Birthday

I am Three decades away from "My College Days"
I am Four decades away from "My High school Rock Band Days"

No I'm not every going to be a "Rock Star," Famous artist, nor am I going to find a cure for cancer,
or come-up with an equation merging the "Standard Model" of particle physics with general relativity. In four hundred plus years from now, no future Dan Brown is going to be searching for hidden clues in my photography.

Truth be told, I will likely never do anything of any special importance.


It's O.K, I mean I'm not terribly upset about where I am.
Sure, I would like to have money cascading into my bank account with Niagara Falls velocity,
rather than a small stream, but I'm thankful that I have a stream.

I’m happily married, have a child I that brings me joy beyond my wildest dreams. My Parents both
Look and act 15 years younger than their actual ages. Ilene’s family is well. I’m surrounded by the warmth of extended family and we have an amazing group of friends.

Sure, I’ll fall back into my moments of drama, and even spend a few fleeting seconds envying something some else has, something that would look good in my garage, or on my back.But in the scheme of things, I have a great deal to be thankful for this birthday.

No comments: