Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Grace Is Getting Married

Hello Friends and Family,

A few of you know, but most of you probably don't know that I've been dating a Korean guy, Sayna, ever since my first month here in Yeosu. He's a sixth grade teacher at my elementary school, and I first met him on my first day of school last June.

Our 250 Day Anniversary was last week. (I know this sounds strange, but the Koreans count days. The 100 Day Anniversary is a big one, as is the 250 Day and the 500 Day). On the evening of our 250 day anniversary, after dinner at a lovely seaside restaurant, Sayna proposed to me!! I can't begin to explain how happy I was, and needless to say, I said yes. We're engaged! I was already considering resigning my teaching contract before this, but I definitely will now. Don't worry, we'll eventually move back to the States, and I'll be home to visit you all pretty soon, bringing Sayna with me!

I've lots more to say, but I'm so excited it would probably come out as gibberish so I'll save it for the next one.
I hope you are all happy and healthy and enjoying the beginning of spring!

Lots and lots of love,
Grace

1 comment:

Larry said...

Larry,
That whole engagement thing was an APRIL FOOL'S JOKE! I'm sorry!!!
I collapsed into hysterical laughter when I opened your blogsite and saw the post. I really appreciate that you guys were so excited for me.

April Fool's Day is a big thing in my family, and we're always trying to outdo each other every year. I now feel badly for fooling unsuspecting people like you.
I hope you can forgive me!

I did enjoy looking through the rest of your blogsite, however. It made me miss Lane and you guys A LOT.
I hope things are well.
Best,
Grace